Today Microsoft made a huge announcement. Their entire Office 2013 stack RTM’d today!! What all does that include do you ask? It includes Office 2013 (duh), Exchange 2013, SharePoint 2013 and Lync 2013. According to Microsoft “This is the most ambitious release of Office we’ve ever done. It spans the full family of Office applications, servers and cloud services.”
When can you get your hands on the new code?
- Volume license customers can start downloading the bits mid-November.
- IT professionals and MSDN subscribers will also get mid-November access
- Office 365 customers, the timeline is a bit more fuzzy. They will have a rolling upgrade, starting in November and completing around Q1 2013.
- Consumers can grab a copy of Office 2013 in your local store in Q1.
- No word on when the “RT” version of Office 2013 will be released, as RT tablets will ship with a preview version to start with.
Consultants and Microsoft partners will rejoice at the flood of new engagements that will start next year. Enterprise customers will now need to start planning their migration efforts for the next 12-18 months. Fun times!