For those of you using HP storage arrays (P2000, P4000, P6000, 3PAR, XP) HP has released a major update to their vCenter plug-in. You can now actively manage a wider range of HP arrays, you get full vSphere 5.1 web client capabilities, and expanded VASA support. You can check out a brochures about it here. For additional details and download links, you can view their HP Insight Control page here.
Features and Benefits
- Monitor and manage the physical/virtual relationships between the VMware Virtual Machines, ESX servers and the HP arrays:
- Map VMware/virtual environment and provide detailed information about the HP storage being used
- Create/Expand/Delete datastores on HP arrays
- Create a Virtual Machine from a template on HP arrays
- Delete an unassigned volume
- Includes support for vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA), which enables vCenter to query and capture the capabilities of HP arrays and make use of the new vSphere 5 Storage DRS and Profile-Driven Storage features
- Available for the following arrays: 3PAR, MSA, EVA, XP, and LeftHand including the Virtual SAN Appliance.
- Full Interoperability with VMware’s latest version — vSphere 5.1.
- New Web Client Graphical User Interface introduced in vCenter with vSphere 5.1.
- Portlet based overview and detailed table dashboards for HP Server, HP Infrastructure and HP Storage
- Active management for 3PAR arrays, including the ability to perform storage provisioning operations such as adding a new datastore, deleting or expanding an existing datastore, creating new VMs from a template, and cloning existing VMs.
- In context launch of HP management ecosystem tools (iLO, Onboard Administrator, Virtual Connect, HP Storage Management)
- One installer delivers both vCenter .Net Client Graphical User Interface and the New Web Client Graphical User Interface