If you have the pleasure of working with a Cisco UCS server farm, you know ease of which you can upgrade firmware. A few days ago Cisco released the 2.0(3c) version of their UCS software. This is a minor release which fixes a few specific bugs. If you won’t run into the affected issues, then it’s probably a release you can skip. A major new release is due out later this year, so stay tuned for that. You can find the full release notes here. Prior releases have a number of bug fixes, so it’s worth reviewing what code base you are currently running and see if any subsequent releases fix bugs you might run into.
- During reboot, Samsung 32GB LRDIMM will no longer display voltage errors on B200 M3. (CSCub08343)
- You will no longer see a mismatch between UCSM Part number and mctools. (CSCtz65329)
- The FI will no longer reboot due to ‘cdp hap reset’. (CSCub32324)
- FCoE VLANID Change will no longer drop all Storage Paths. (CSCub32386)
- You will no longer see random errors such as thermal-problem, performance-problem, and equipment-degraded false alarm. (CSCua9670)
- You will no longer see any transient thermal or fan problems. (CSCtx52556)