For those of you using Cisco UCS servers and the new Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager 2012, check out the UCS Management Pack v2.5. You can download it from here. According to the release notes the following operating systems are supported:
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
What’s new in this release?
New alerts were added:
- UCS login Authentication Failure. This alert is logged when the user supplied Credentials are not correct. It is detected as a result of aaaLogin returning error.
- UCS Connectivity Failure. This Alert is logged when UCS is not available for a continuous time period of 10-15 minutes. This Alert helps detect UCS unavailability. This can be caused by UCS being down or other Network issues.
- Notification Channel Configuration Error. This Alert is logged when a user Acknowledges a fault, while not having properly configured the Command Notification Channel options. The notification channel command arguments have changed with this version and this alert will warn if the user misses to change them.
- Acknowledging Fault with Read-Only privileges. This Alert is logged when a user with Read-Only privileges acknowledges an alert. Only users with Administrative privileges can acknowledge alerts.
The next version will have a number of improvements including:
- Bidirectional communication works only on the Machines which have the SCOM console, Management Server as well as the Cisco UCS management pack installed. This will be addressed in the next release.
- Overriding alert severity is not supported. Support for it will be added in the next release.
- Detailed knowledge base for every alert is not available in this release. Support for it will be added in the next release.
- HTTP connection with redirection enabled on the UCS does not work. This will be addressed in the next release.