VMware just released Workstation 8.0.2, up from 8.0.1. This is not a major release, but has a few enhancements:
- Ubuntu 11.10 is supported as a host.
- Fedora 16 is supported as a guest.
Fixed bugs include:
- The ACLs on the PID files needed improvement. VMware thanks Inode0 for bringing this to our attention.
- Releasing input from the guest to the host, for example, moving the cursor from the virtual machine window to the host screen, failed with an unrecoverable error.
- Copying and pasting from a guest to an Ubuntu 11.10 host failed.
- Shared folders did not work in Fedora 16 and OpenSuse 12.1 guests.
- In Ubuntu 11.10 hosts, key repeat was disabled after ungrabbing or quitting VMware Workstation.
- On a Windows host, a virtual machine configured to use a physical disk or partition failed to power on if the host had a volume backed by more than one physical disk, for example, a RAID system.
- On a machine with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1, vix-perl installation failed with dynamic link errors.
This is a free update for all Workstation 8.0.2 owners. Workstation 8.0.1 included dramatic graphics acceleration with IE9, so if you are still on 8.0.0 and using IE9 in guests, you really should upgrade.